Sunday, January 10, 2010

Some days I feel useless

Really, I do. Take days like today. Today is a bad day. My head is in a fog. It is also feeling heavy. Not hurting, just heavy. I feel sick to my stomach. This is a day I will do the bare minimum. I will not pick up toys. I will not do dishes. I will do nothing but change diapers and fix my son lunch. If my husband is not home in time, I will fix dinner. If he still isn't home I will put him to bed without a bath. It is one of those days. I feel physically weak. I have no energy. I feel emotionally week. Today is one of the days I am reminded of my limitations. This puts me in a bit of a funk. I am going to stay in my sweats. Every muscle in my body feels shaky when I stand, so I will be doing so as little as possible. I will be short of breath easily.

On these days my husband will come home from work. He will make dinner, give our son a bath and put him to bed if he is home in time. He will pick up the toys. He will do the dishes. He will take care of me.

The only thing that comforts me is that my bad days are becoming fewer and farther between.

5 comments:

  1. Please don't feel too bad at least you have a husband who can help you clean up, cook , wash the baby. My husband is incarcerated I have two kids a four year old and an 16 months old. I have to do it all by myself and I had my brain surgery two years ago. I have to bathe them clean up the toys make breakfast, lunch and dinner all by myself. I have to clean the house whether I feel sick or not because I don't have no one who will come home to give me a break. I have never in my life felt so alone till I read what you have been writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry about your husband. What was your surgery for?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a brain tumor the size of a golf ball removed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trust me, I know the feeling. Do they know what typee of tumor?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Benign Meningioma not the worst kind but if it goes back and my doctor said I have a high chance of it growing back then that is when I have to worry. So far nothing has grown back yet.

    ReplyDelete